Lauren's Peace Corps Experience in Honduras

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed and experiences described in this travelogue are mine personally. Nothing written here should be interpreted as official or unofficial Peace Corps literature or as sanctioned by the Peace Corps or the U.S. government. I have chosen to write about my experience online in order to update family and friends; I am earning no money whatsoever from this endeavor. Please do not copy or forward any of these contents without my permission.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Travel changes!

Hi all,

Well in the typical fashion of Honduras living, things never go as planned. I was going to get up early this morning to travel to San Pedro Sula at meet them at the airport, but my dad calls me this morning at 5:30 to let me know that they will have to stay in Houston for the night because the plane from Houston to Honduras had some mechanical difficulties and the flight was cancelled. So they are hoping to be able to come in tomorrow at the same time. So I was disappointed to say the least. I only talked to my dad and so I have no idea how calm my mom was, but I am just thankful that they found the problem before flying. The big bummer is that my dad will have even fewer days here, and we have to cut out a whole day in Dulce Nombre, so he will not get to know my town very well. We'll see though, and make the best of it. I am still really excited, and now since they are coming on a Saturday some of my Honduran friends might go with me to San Pedro to wait for my parents. There they will rent a car and we will all come back together in the Explorer they reserved. Very luxury for me :) Well I just wanted to update you all. Hopefully the next news will be much more positive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home